SLO Permaculture Leadership Team
For general information, contact email@example.com
Teresa "Tree" Lees
Tree is the organizer of the Global Family Farm project on City Farm SLO.
Teresa (aka "Tree") has firsthand experience in permaculture, classroom teaching, Garden Based Learning (GBL) in school gardens and nature based education. She has put together a career that combines her love for children and their education with her love for the planet.
She currently hosts the SLO Permaculture Guild's listserve and Facebook page. She completed her PDC course with the Santa Barbara City College / Quail Springs Permaculture Collaborative in the summer of 2011. She attended the Natural Building Plastering workshop with Penny Livingston of Regenerative Design Institute, presented at the PDC classes Larry Santoyo of Earthflow offered in Los Osos, built a Food Forest with Jordan & Meleah of N'Credible Edibles and Josh Carmichael of Carmichael Environmental.
Josh Carmichael is the owner of Carmichael Environmental Design which specializes in creating sustainable land use strategies for wild land restoration, community parks, as well as residential and commercial property development. He has many years of experience in environmental consulting, green building, and community outreach projects. A highly effective and creative public speaker, educator, and business leader, he started Carmichael Environmental in 2001 as an outlet for his passion of science, art, and love of the natural world. He is a longtime local community organizer, environmental steward, and resident of San Luis Obispo County. His permaculture-related background and experience includes:
- Board Member, SLO Green Build
- Member, Coalition of Appropriate Technology
- Instructor, Cuesta College Community Programs, Bridge Demo Garden
- Lecturer, Cuesta College Construction Technology, Green Jobs Training
- Instructor, SLO County Partners in Water Conservation Committe, Greywater Workshop
- Instructor, Cal Poly Continuing ED, CA Native Plants
- Permaculture Design Certification, Wild Heart Gardens, Merritt College, Oakland, CA
- Permaculture Design Certification, Earth Flow Design, CP Continuing ED
- Member, AmeriCorps Environmental Stewards Program